The Assam Livestock and Poultry Corporation is a Public Sector Undertaking of Government of Assam and was incorporated as a Company registered under Companies Act, 1956 (Registration No.2135 of 1983-84) with its Headquarter at Khanapara, Guwahati. The Corporation is a techno-commercial organization which was started on 06-02-1984 with a social responsibility towards the development of the society through engagement of the un-employed in livestock and poultry production. Originally, the authorized share capital of the Corporation was Rupees two Crore fifty Lakh only. With the increased activities of the Corporation, the Authorized Share Capital was raised to Rupees Ten Crore during the 1994-95 with Ten Lakh equity shares of Rupees One hundred each. The functional activities of the Corporation are conducted through a Board of Directors constituted by the Government of Assam. The Governor of Assam appoints the Chairman and Managing Director.